After taking a couple of months away from my open source coding, I’ve decided to delve back in some. In the off time, I’ve been playing a good deal more EVE, but I’ve gotten that itch again, and so I’m going back to my old standbys.
I’m extremely happy to see that Boo
‘s development has picked back up again. Rodrigo recently released the Boo 0.9
and it has greatly increased the extensibility of the language, including making pattern matching a key part of the experience.
I have also started working on my C5 fork
again. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get the backing of the original developer of C5, Peter Sestoft. The “official” development of C5 remains an opaque process and no work appears to have been done in over a year. After failing to receive any encouraging response, I decided to go ahead with creating the fork. My reasons in full are the matter for another post.
In restarting my work with C5, I’ve also begun transitioning over to using MbUnit and the Gallio
framework for unit testing. I’ve found the framework to be great for parameterized unit testing, and it integrates pretty well with Pex
. I’m submitting a few patches to MbUnit as I go along, including one that allows the
attribute to propogate to Pex tests, letting multiple tests run simultaneously.
As this is one of my first posts again, I’ve decided to put a cap on how much I put into any one post. I found that my previous, failed attempts to start blogging revolved around the fact that I wrote too much, making blogging too time consuming to keep up. So, hopefully there will be many short postings to get me into the habit.
Tags: Boo, C5, EVE-Online, Gallio, Pex